Client Director at Context America
About the Organization
Context is a corporate sustainability consultancy founded in 1997 with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. We help our global clients understand sustainability and profit from it – by developing leading sustainability strategies and compelling communications. Our practice areas span strategy, reporting, sustainability communications, sustainability and brands, external engagement, responsible investor relations, employee communications and training and event facilitation.
The Context team has three core skills:
- Knowledge of sustainability – environmental, governance and social – issues
- Strong communications and writing abilities
- Professional business consultancy practices
This unique combination enables us to advise clients on strategic sustainability issues, create focused strategies, and help them communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. Context is also proud to work with some of the world’s leading companies including, Burt’s Bees, Cisco, Citi, the Estée Lauder Companies, HP, Morgan Stanley and Unilever.
About the position
The Client Director will manage a portfolio of client relationships with leading companies in the CSR space and manage a growing team of consultants. This is an ideal opportunity for a hard working and creative leader with a passion for sustainability to advise leading corporations around sustainability issues.
- Client management – Engage and build strong client relationships, develop a deep understanding of client needs, create and sell compelling sustainability solutions and manage client relationships through to delivery.
- Team Leadership – Motivate and coach a team of junior consultants to provide exceptional client service and products
- Communications – Develop and approve concise internal and externally facing communications.
- Sustainability Leadership – Be an expert. Stay abreast of developments and lead innovative thinking for clients with a goal of exceeding client expectations.
- Project Management- Lead a team in the production and delivery of world class sustainability strategy and communications assignments.
- Business Development – Support business development by driving organic growth with existing clients and contributing to new business effort.
- Executive Leadership – Work with Context’s executive team to devise new ways to gain internal efficiencies and unique ways to grow Context’s global client footprint.
- A senior-level professional (6-8 years minimum) who has worked in a communications function within the sustainability space and has a proven track record of project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant field of study, advanced degree preferred
- High level experience in client management and relationship building
- Experience motivating and managing a high performing team
- A thorough and cross-sector understanding of sustainability concepts
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including strong copywriting skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and process information quickly to drive decision-making
- Project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to connect with people and management styles across cultures
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified individuals please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager (Contract) at Context Europe
About the Organization
Context is a corporate sustainability consultancy founded in 1997 with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. We help our global clients understand sustainability and profit from it – by developing leading sustainability strategies and compelling communications. Our practice areas span strategy, brands, reporting, communications, engagement, and event facilitation. The Context team has three core skills:
- Knowledge of sustainability – environment, ethics and social issues
- Strong communications and writing
- Business consultancy
This unique combination enables us to advise clients on strategic sustainability, create winning strategies, and help them communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. Context is proud to work with some of the world’s leading companies including British Telecom, Citi, The Estée Lauder Companies, GlaxoSmithKline, IKEA and Vodafone.
About the position
The Project Manager will join a small London-based transatlantic team for six months to manage a sustainability reporting and digital communications project for a major global brand. You will organise the team and ensure deadlines are met, working with consultants, writers, designers and web developers. You will be meticulous and personable. Remote working is a possibility.
- Write confidently in an active, engaging style.
- Highly organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Good understanding of marketing communications.
- Knowledge of sustainability communications a plus, but not essential.
- A passion for sustainability and a desire to be fluent in the full range of corporate sustainability issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Salary for this position is £25K pro rata.
Qualified individuals please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Context’s three month internship programme is designed to give successful applicants experience in a professional consultancy environment advising on sustainability strategy and communications.
Context interns get involved in all aspects of our work, including research, writing, client meetings and brainstorming sessions. As a guide, this may include:
- Writing briefing documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Researching and writing copy for reports
- Writing case studies
- Proof reading and formatting
- Taking notes at meetings
- Writing blog entries and news stories for our website
- Benchmarking and sector comparison exercises
- Researching and writing GRI reports
- Providing research for stakeholder engagement events
- Researching and booking outside venues for events
- Participating in meetings, brainstorming sessions and events.
You will also have some specific responsibilities such as updating our marketing database.
What we’re looking for
We look for interns who are enthusiastic, hard working and creative. You will have a degree and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a career in corporate sustainability consulting. This may come from your studies or some work experience you have recently done.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential as a large part of our work is writing and we also want you to feel comfortable and confident when speaking to clients. You need to be confident working with data and a proficient user of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. You must also be prepared to help out with some administration tasks that are a part of running a business.
We don’t think anyone should work for free. We expect a lot from our interns and think it’s fair that they are properly rewarded.
How to apply
To register your interest in future internships in London, please send your CV and a letter, explaining how you meet our requirements and why you would make a great intern, to Pete Statham at Pete.Statham@contexteurope.com.
Interested in applying to our internship programme in New York? We want to hear from you! Please send a resume and cover letter on why you would be a great fit to Daniel Liswood at Daniel.Liswood@contextamerica.com.
Our business is growing, so we’re always on the look-out for great people to join our team. If you’re a creative thinker with a passion for sustainability and strong writing and project management skills, we’d like to hear from you.
All our consultants get fully involved in helping clients develop and communicate their sustainability strategies – working with recognised sustainability leaders as well as companies just starting out.
To apply, write to us explaining why you’d make a great sustainability consultant, and attach a copy of your CV.
UK: Peter Knight
US: Jaycee Pribulsky