Reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer, the role combines corporate communications expertise with sound sustainability knowledge. The main responsibilities are:
- Messaging and branding – Translate strategy to clear, compelling external messaging used across the company’s communications including, executive speeches, sustainability reports, news releases, media alerts, newsroom blogs and social media.
- Editing and writing – Create and review a wide range of written material across all media.
- Liaison with Corporate Communications – Represent sustainability function and infuse sustainability news proactively in broader corporate narratives.
- Liaise with brand and marketing – Develop sustainability content in collaboration with brand & marketing priorities.
- Website – Refresh content and interface with web team.
- Social media – Coordinate with agencies and in-house social media team on content creation and channel strategy.
- Manage editorial platform – Across internal and third party media.
- Expert knowledge of communications and marketing principles, practices and audience targeting techniques.
- Proven understanding of a broad range of social and environmental sustainability issues.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines in a corporate environment.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build and manage virtual teams of peers.
- Relationship management skills enabling influencing and consensus-building interactions.
- Experience in developing and driving consistent adoption of messaging.
- Excellent written and oral communications and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in communications.
- Skilled in corporate communications for multi-national corporation (could be agency or in-house).
- Track record formulating public relations campaigns, including managing media relations.
- Experience working in corporate sustainability e.g. environmental initiatives & social innovation.
- IT industry and/or marketing background.
The position is for a full time contractor role with the global technology company, reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer. Location is onsite and a candidate already located in the Bay Area is preferred.
The contractor will be employed by Context America Inc. and receive a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
Please note that Context America will manage the selection process. You will be asked to complete pre-screening questions, participate in written exercises and attend video interviews prior to meeting our client.
We provide equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please complete the pre-screening questionnaire by January 9, 2017.