Context has been helping leading companies report their social and environmental impacts since 1997. Our team has worked on over 200 reports and many of our clients are award winners.
Why use us?
A credible and candid report provides valuable information for stakeholders both inside and outside the company. When it is done well, reporting also helps companies determine priorities, create internal consensus and improve performance.
But reporting is tough – much harder than most new reporters expect. As a result, many reports fall short. Credibility requires clear and objective writing as well as a good understanding of the subjects. This can be difficult for in-house teams and non-specialist writers.
Context consultants work closely with you to overcome the obstacles and to establish a process that suits your needs.
How we can help
Our team has unrivalled experience in helping clients develop and write print and electronic reports. We also help to gather feedback on reports through opinion leader surveys and focus groups (see External engagement) and create engaging communications for specific audiences (see Sustainability communications).
Our reporting service:
- Benchmarking – how do you compare? We use our own proven methodology to help clients assess their governance, communications and performance with other leading companies.
- Advice on reporting standards – we offer an objective view on current reporting standards and guidelines.
- Understanding and targeting the audiences – communications work best when the audiences are clearly understood. We highlight the main targets.
- Advice on formats – we help clients decide on the right mix of print, pdf and html.
- Planning – the report needs to cover the most significant (material) sustainability issues for the business, in the right way for the audience. We do this, with the help of stakeholders where appropriate.
- Writing – we gather material from your experts and turn it into simple, jargon-free language. We challenge clients (politely) to be as open, honest and clear as possible.
- Guidance on assurance – what content to assure, which assurer to choose, and how to get value for money.
- Promoting the report – too many sustainability reports aren’t read. We help clients promote their reports, including the use of our Global CS Who’s Who, a hand-picked list of over 1,300 sustainability leaders world-wide.